Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Easter Adventure Day 5: Bruges

On this trip, I was really thankful that Joon Tian was always there to wake me up in the morning. lol I generally just find it really difficult to wake up in the morning. I didn't used to when I was younger but nowadays.... I just can't. I really need to be more discipline!

Anyway, on Day 5, I surprisingly managed to get up at 6am by myself without needing Joon Tian to wake me up~ We had a bit of breakfast, I had a cup of tea and some biscuits while I got ready in the morning and then we were left the beautiful house we were staying in to catch our next train to our next destination, Bruges!

I love travelling on trains.

We reached Bruges after around 1 hour 15 mins on the train and had to walk around 25 mins to our Airbnb. But look at the scenery we got to enjoy on the way there.

We had to walk through this peaceful park (while dragging along our suitcases... which disrupted everyone's peace) and it was so nice. I ended up carrying my suitcase because it was annoying me too much.

How peaceful does this look?
This was after we checked-in to our Airbnb. We reached there earlier than the check-in time, so we left right after putting our bags down (and after the owner showed us around) so that the owner could clean the room.

The place we stayed at was only a 10 mins walk away from the old town centre!
I hate that most of my photos were a bit too over-exposed hmph but it shows how sunny it was that day!

The Church of Our Lady in the distance! It looks so surreal. The whole medieval town looked like something from a fairy tale storybook.

The Belfry Tower

We went during Easter, that's why there were all these chocolate bunnies~

First stop, the Groeninge Museum. It's an art gallery that tells the cultural history of Bruges and Belgium through all its paintings. 

This is what Bruges looks like on a map; it's literally surrounded by water/canals.


Another angle of the Church of Our Lady.

Just look at these medieval buildings!

Inside the Church of Our Lady.

These doors are like the epitome of medieval times.

                  

Next stop.....
The main exhibition in this museum was of Frank Brangwyn's. Both of us had no idea who he was when we walked in but we really enjoyed the exhibition and really liked all his paintings/drawings.

The display window of a Christmas shop (which opens everyday of the year lol)

Bruges' town hall which was build in 1376!

The Basilica of the Holy Blood, which was built in the 12th century and it has the venerated relic of the Holy Blood/Blood of Christ (believe it or not!).


Inside the chapel; it's just a small chapel.

In front of that priest, is the relic of the Holy Blood. Joon Tian and I walked over to have a look at it as well but we both didn't really know what to think about it..... 


I will end this post here. There will be more photos from our day in Bruges in the next post!
Although the city is small, and there wasn't actually a lot to see but everything was so mesmerising and interesting (that's why there's so many photos lol)!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment