Friday, May 16, 2014

Time To Get Organised!

I know I should've started being more organised earlier. Like, most people get organised during the new year but I was a total fail. Honestly though, with all the assignments, the room-hunting, moving and then the Easter break (which was also a study break), and then the exams, things just seemed to keep popping up and I was just never committed to be organised and I've had enough of it (and I was just lazy :P). Especially during the exam period, ugh everything was just so messy, my thoughts were messy, my notes were messy, I wasn't being productive because I was just all over the place and I just hated how things were going. Not that I wasn't happy through all the messiness though. Maybe because I was so happy that I just couldn't care that everything was so unorganised and messy. Anyhow, this messiness needs to stop! And since my exams are over and I have a really really long break (4 months!!!), I'm going to make sure I make it a productive and amazing break! I have an idea of what I want to do, I have made some plans but there's still much more planning to do to fill up these 4 months~

First on the list to getting more organised is definitely getting my room more organised.
Ever since I moved in during the end of March, I have just been so busy that I haven't had to time to really make the place look nice. Everything has it's own place at the moment, so I just want to add some accents to it so that it reflects a bit of me and so that it feels more homey. My friend said she might give me her second-hand printer so I have some plans to print out some stuff and do some DIY, something that I love to do but haven't had the chance to do in a very long time, so I'm really looking forward to it!
Also, I'm sure every student will be able to relate to this, it's that during the exam periods, you're just tired and stressed all the time, that you just don't have the energy and mind to care about all the books and notes that just end up everywhere around your room at the end of an exam. You guys should have seen my room during the exams, I have files under my bed, my daily planner is under my bed too, there's are sticky notes everywhere, my notes and books are mostly on the floor (because my desk is really small), and there are apples on my floor (in a plastic bag). That's how lazy I am.
My room isn't very big but it isn't too small either. There's enough storage space but the only thing I hate about it is that there's no mirror (I had to buy my own, which is a stand alone one so it can be a bit inconvenient at times), and there's no drawers! I never realised the importance and usefulness of drawers until I moved in to this room! Hence, the unorganise-ness. My friend gave me some cardboard boxes but if I'm planning to stay here long (which I can't really see myself doing, but it's still in consideration), I'll eventually need to get some drawers. But a friend of mine said she has a small cupboard that she won't be using anymore so she'll give it to me so if that really is the case then yay!

Besides everything mentioned above, I also want to start reading blogs again. I've had my bloglovin' account for so long but I rarely ever use it, especially since I came to the UK (living with my aunt just made chilling in front of my laptop impossible). Don't you just love chilling in bed all day just scrolling through Tumblr, reading lovely blogs and watching nice movies? I miss doing that so so much~ And that definitely will be done a lot over the next 4 months! Other than blogs and movies, dramas and tv series are the things I can't wait to watch~~~ I've already caught up on Beast's new variety show, Roomate, finished watching the latest episodes of The Vampire Diaries (which were very annoying, they better make the next season the last!), and started on Emergency Couple (its plot is kinda slow for me....). But I have a whole list of things I want to watch! Nia told me that I must watch Game Of Thrones and I downloaded all the seasons of Breaking Bad last yeat but only watched one episode. And.... I downloaded all the seasons of One Tree Hill.... Cant wait to rewatch it! Oh and there's still Running Man to catch up on~ I havent been watching it for months!

Something I want to mention is that (I tweeted this) I can't believe it took me so long to start using Spotify! I can't believe I've missed out on so much by not using it. I'm loving it so much right now~ It's just so convenient, especially if you love listening to new music all the time and if you love listening to whole albums. And it's good for listening to old songs too~ I've been listening to all the old chinese songs that I love for the past week. And at least I wont need to illegally download songs anymore hehe I've actually promised myself that once I have a stable salary, I'll start downloading songs legally so hopefully that will happen soon. I just find that it's important that you support the artists that you like. Although I most probably would still download stuff illegally hehehe

I'm going to a job interview later... It was supposed to be in the morning but they called last minute to reschedule. I was all dressed up, had my make up on, and my hair straightened but then they called before I headed out. I have no idea how much of a chance I have for this position but *fingers crossed*
I really need the money for the summer.... I have loads of stuff I want to buy and I'm considering on going back to Malaysia this Christmas.... My plan was always to go back next summer but then there's so much to do here during the summer and I wont have much to do if I go back to Malaysia. I dont know.... things would work out somehow. But yeah, I hope that maybe I would be able to earn enough to buy my plane tickets and do lots of shopping! And I definitely want to save to go travelling around Europe as well~
I am going to Rome, Pisa and Florence on the 4th of June with my friend Joon Tian for 8 days~ Can't wait for that! I'm currently still working on our itinerary. There's just so much to see in Italy! We wanted to go to Venice and Milan as well but that will have to wait for the next trip.

This is a very wordy post but I just wanted to get most of my thoughts out of my head.
It's only the first week of my break... Thinking about having a 4-month break is kinda scary... considering that I don't have much planned out yet. and with no job yet and no money to spend...
but things will work out and I'll find stuff to do~
I'll have loads of photos to post next!
To those also on their summer break or about to start their summer break, Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment