Thursday, January 29, 2015

Steps To Happiness

Just a quick post before I head to bed!
I was searching through my blog just now for a photo or some details of my Jazz dance certificate but I can't seem to find it... I clearly remember that I took a photo of the cert but I'm not sure if I posted it in a blog post. I just need to know whether I got an Honours or whatever the grade was.
Anyway, so when I was clicking through those old memories, I came by this post that I wrote on the 5th of August 2011.... Can't believe that was more than 3 years ago now.
So I posted this poem of some sort ages ago... and when I read through it again just now, I felt like I probably can relate to it and understand it a lot more than my 17 year old self did.
I think I got this from a book I bought in one of those book fairs held in school. I love that book; it's a very inspirational book and I wish I had it with me now.

After reading it and being filled with emotions, I decided to re-post it just as a reminder (for me and for you).
Actually, I am in the midst of applying for an internship and the process is just so effing long and annoying and it asks you questions about your achievements in life and all your skills and motivations and I always have the urge to give up half-way through the application (because I always feel like I am not good enough for the role or that I actually don't give a fuck about the role I'm applying for) but I think this poem gave me that little bit of inspiration and motivation to continue on.

I hope this short and meaningful poem can help you in some way or another as well.
If it does, you're welcome. :)



Steps To Happiness

Everybody Knows:
You can't be all things to all people.
You can't do all things at once.
You can't do all things equally well.
You can't do all things better then everyone else.
Your humanity is showing just like everyone else's.

So:
You have to find out who you are, and be that.
You have to decide what comes first, and do that.
You have to discover your strengths, and use them.
You have to learn not to compete with others,
Because no one else is in the contest of "being you".

Then:
You will have to learn to accept you own uniqueness.
You will have to learn to set priorities and make decisions.
You will have to learn to live with your limitations.
You will have to learn to give yourself the respect that is due.
And you'll be a most vital mortal.

Dare To Believe:
That you are a wonderful, unique person.
That you are a once-in-all-history event.
That it's more than a right, it's your duty, to be who you are.
That life is not a problem, but a gift to cherish.
And you'll be able to stay one up on what used to get you down.



x



Edit @ 2:22am: I managed to find the photo of my cert! kekeke

No comments:

Post a Comment