Friday, August 28, 2015

Easter Adventure Day 6: Part 2

I can't believe I've abandoned this space for sooooo looong. I've just been busy and never really in the mood to blog... but for the past few days, the thought of not updating this blog has been haunting me. Probably because summer is almost over and I'm going to have to go back to uni again and the stress will start piling up again. So while I still have some free time right now, I really want to blog as much as I can~ I have so much to update you guys on though! So hopefully I'll manage to upload all my photos and share a bit more about how my summer has been~

For now, to follow up with the Part 1 of Day 6 of my Easter Adverture in Brussels...

We visited the first shopping centre in the world~
Most of the shops in there were fancy chocolatiers with all their immaculate window displays of Easter bunnies and chocolates.
This is their food street which is full of restaurants serving a diverse selection of cuisines.

We then walked over to the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula.
How majestic does it look here~ The weather was amazing that day as well.
Both Joon Tian and I kept attempting to take a nice photo of this statue but ppl just had to keep walking past. And someone even tripped while he was walking behind the statue and the guy (on the right) in the green jumper was trying to help him up. poor guy.

We then walked through the food street; on the hunt for a small statue......
We walked further to a royal theatre...
And even walked towards their shopping district/street and saw people queuing up to shop in Primark! I don't think it's a newly opened store because I googled and this Primark was opened in December 2014.... Maybe they queue as a means of crowd-control
And here it is, the statue we walked so far to look for! And it ended up being somewhere along the food street =___= We even went and asked for directions at two different information desks and the people were all ever so kind to help us out.

The statue is called Jeanneke Pis and it's the female version of the other small statue, Manneken Pis.

We then slowly made our to Mont Des Arts (Mount of the Arts) which is situated between the Grand Place and the Royal Palace,
I was pretty tired by that time because we got up quite early thinking we had a lot of places to go and see but we walked through the city quite quickly so we didn't really have much left on our itinerary to be done for the day so we decided to sit somewhere around this garden and rest a bit before we continued our day.

Such a beautiful view from the top of the hill. I love how the tower of the town hall in right in the middle.
We planned to visit this museum which is the Museum of Musical Instruments but when we got there, we were not as interested anymore. But its building looks very nice though.

This is the Royal Palace of Brussels. It looks small here but I think this is the behind of the palace; the front entrance is massive.
spotted a golden angel (?)
The front gate of the palace.
There wasnt really a way where I could take a nice, full shot of the whole palace. :(
And this is Warandepark/ Brussels Park.
I can imagine how nice it'll look in summer~ It was so relaxing to stroll around the park in that lovely weather.
The Palace of Justice. Too bad there was restoration work going on when we were there because if you google to see some photos of the building, it looks really majestic.
We managed to climb quite far above the ground level of the city.
That's a lift (aka a short cut) down to the ground level.
We were taking photos of these small lanes and suddenly a man walked over and said, "Why are you taking photos of my house?!" But then he laughed and said he was just joking lol

We then walked back to the Grand Place because we had no where else to go for the day and had some time left before dinner time.

All the buildings around the square looks even better later in the afternoon~
We then decided to have some dinner before heading back to the apartment.
And I saw someone recommend this restaurant online so we decided to try it out.
Since Brussels is famous for their mussels and fries, we couldnt leave without trying them out!
The food was good but the service at that restaurant wasn't the best.

This is probably one of the best wall-art we saw there~
The view from our apartment's window~ Very French buildings
This was how room room looked like, very simple and cozy~ 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment