Sunday, December 2, 2012

The First Collage

I'm here to blog about Yoseobie~~~ Like always, here are my thoughts about Yoseob's solo debut! I dont know who will want to read through this long wordy post but i just have to do it~~~
I pre-ordered my album but havent got it yet. I'm alr seeing other overseas fans getting theirs....
But i guess it'll be in my room when i go back to JB, which i cant wait for!!!

So... Yang Yoseob's first solo album The First Collage... is amazing. I knew Yoseob and Junhyung wouldnt disappoint us~ If you havent listened to it yet, you're missing out on some really good music.
I cant really choose my favourite song (but when have i ever been able to when it's a Beast album?!). All the songs are unique and really really good.
But i feel that i like Look At Me Now, Caffeine, and You Don't Know more. and these three songs are composed and written by Junhyung and Kim Taejoo. the other two are by other ppl but the album is fully produced and arranged by Junhyung. I'm not biased but these three songs are really the style of songs that i loveeee~
And if you listen to the album, you MUST listen to the songs accordingly! From Look At Me Now onwards! You'll know why when you listen to it that way.
I first listened to it in the college library. hehehe The first song on the album, Look At Me Now. If you follow me on twitter, you'll alr know that i love this song a lot. I smiled when the intro started playing~ It's such a happy and fun song and plus it's Yoseob's voice~ and it's really catchy! it just suits Yoseob perfectly. basically, it just makes me really happy when i listen to it. It has helped me stay sane while doing my horrifying Maths homework throughout the week. Look At Me Now was supposed to be the title song!!! everything would be so different if it were to be the title song.

Next song, Caffeine. At the first listen of Caffeine, i didnt really love it. It sounded too depressing, but that just shows how much emotion Yoseob puts into a song. And i guess i wasnt really listening closely to the song (as i was in the library, didnt really feel very comfortable LOL). But now, I LOVE CAFFEINE SOOOO MUCH~
maybe also because after the release of the MV and Yoseob's flawless live performances, i really am addicted to Caffeine, and basically the whole album. I cant stop singing Caffeine now. You're so bad to me, so bad to me, girl you like caffeine~
And the choreography of the song i cant even~ The dance practice vid just came out just now! Prepix's Haw did a great job as always. Yoseob looks so cool dancing. Yoseob just became my favourite dancer in Beast! he has always been actually.... i've just never said it out. I kept saying it was Hyunseung... dont ask me why... But i also really love Junhyung as a dancer too... aish... why are they all so good???!!!

The MV of Caffeine~ The kiss scene made me go a lil bit cray. hehe. I cant imagine how the Seob stans went through it. But the whole set of the MV is so pretty with all the effects and floating stuff and Yoseob's slick dance moves. LOL and Junhyung's appearance as the bad guy! everyone could recognize his lips before his face appeared HAHAHAHA. and everyone HATES Yoseob's pearl suit in the MV. HAHAHAHAHAHA~~~ it really looks weird. someone tweeted that it made him look like a gingerbread man and the pearls were the icing. LOL and the heart scene at the end was totally creepy and funny. LOL


so here's the dance practice vid! The Prepix dancers are really good (duh... they are pros). Beast is really lucky to have such awesome dancers are their back-up dancers, i dont think they should be called "back-up dancers", they are too good to be. They make Yoseob's stage look so cool and complete.


Next song, Just Do Like You Always Did (the korean name sounds better 하던 대로 해)
I also love this song a lot. I couldnt stop singing the part Annyeong~ Annyeong~ for a few days LOL
I love the intro of the song (i always love a song with a nice intro) and the ending of the song with the sound effects. the intro made it sound a bit like a christmas song and gave a winter feeling to it.

Next, Still I/Even I. (the english trans doesnt do justice, the korean names sounds so much better 그래도 나는) I wasnt really attracted to this song at first, but after a few listens, it got stuck in my head. it has a jazzy feeling to it and after Yoseob performed a short ver of it on his debut stage, i started loving it even more. It really suits Yoseob so much. he voice is just so smooth and soothing and perfect for songs like this.

And lastly~~~ You Dont Know (LOL the korean name sounds better 그대는 모르죠)
This also became one of my favourites from the very first time i listened to it. Another fun, cute and happy song. That's why you need to listen to the songs accordingly. The album starts with a happy song and ends with one too. And three sad, slower songs in the middle. And once again, the intro of the song is the BEST~~~  it is definitely one of my favourite intros~~~~~ (next to Beast's You where it starts with Dongwoon's voice hehehehe) Yoseob starts the song right from the first second with his oh-so-sweet-as-honey voice and it just melts me entirely~ >_< And he sang it live during today's fanmeet and i was definitely the happiest girl alive at the moment. *O*
and this song is a song where you have to listen very closely to because there's a lot of hidden melodies in the background which are really beautiful and makes the song so good.



I'm so very proud of Junhyung for producing such an amazing album which is getting infinite praises from everyone that has listened to it. whenever i see someone (especially someone who isnt a B2uty) spreading their love for Yoseob's to other and giving compliments, I just get really happy and really proud.
I wonder how much Junhyung earned with this album... hmmmm.... hahahaha Caffeine is alr a hit!
Now we're just waiting and praying hard that maybe Yoseob can get first on Mcountdown next week~
it's hard to get number 1 on Music Bank coz of Psy... I dont even want to mention the song title, i've gotten so sick of it. (not because it doesnt move from the number spot but because it's just annoying)
Anyways, Yoseob's album sales has been doing really well so let's keep our fingers crossed! Yoseob mentioned today that he'll do the famous "귀요미~" from 1 to 10 if he gets number 1~~~~
in case you dont know about 귀요미, BTOB's cutie Ilhoon (my bias hehe), started this trend. and in Korea, everyone is loving it. hahaha



With this amazing album, ppl would have higher expectation from Beast, but i am confident that they'll keep improving and showing us a different side of themselves the next time they release an album. I dont think it'll happen soon though.
but... I really miss Beast. For now, let's support our precious Yoseobie because he deserves all the love~~~
our poor boy has his schedules fully packed until christmas i think. then it'll be the Gayo Daejeon's of the year~~~

okay time for bed. rmb, go listen to The First Collage!
Good night and sweet dreams!
ugh class tmr.... luckily first period is at 10am! bbyong~

No comments:

Post a Comment