Monday, August 12, 2013

My Taste of Ear Candy

Although I'm enjoying my holidays these days, i still managed to be so busy... I blame Twitter and Beast... and my messed up sleeping schedule. I need to find time to do all the things I've been wanting to do before time flies by again... And one of the things in my list is to blog. my excuse this time is, for not being in the mood. These days, I'd just rather watch How I Met Your Mother than do anything else. i'm only on season 2 right now. hehe


Time to get into the actual content of this post! I've been wanting to do this for a very long time now but just... sigh.... the memories of spending one and a half years doing A Levels just flashed through my mind, and that was the reason i couldnt do this! What i've been wanting to do all this time was to share and recommend songs that i like to you guys! I want to make this a thing on my blog. I'll try to do it frequently~ I wanted to make it a weekly thing but i dont think i can stay committed to it. I'll just share whatever songs i'm into recently, some old some new, some english some korean.

For a while, i gave up the thought of it because.... i thought too much about it, i worried that i'd be wasting my time doing it and no one would care because i've always thought not many ppl have the same taste in music as me. but then i realized that I love sharing music with others and I'll just do it! And there are a lot of ppl out there in the world that loves the same songs as i do, it's just that i dont know any of those ppl in real life! I'm still waiting for that day to come... The day i meet someone and say/scream, "OH MY GOSH YOU LOVE THAT SONG TOO?! ME TOO!"  I have hope... that day will come, eventually. I have quite a distinct taste in music that i dont really know how to describe it but as i make more of these posts, you can figure it out yourself~


The first song is a song i've been wanting to share ever since i first heard it -- Dynamic Duo's Three Dopeboyz. In case you dont know, they're a korean hip hop duo. I've always wondered whether ppl would think it's weird that i love this genre of music, do i look like a girl that likes hip hop music?
This song is from their latest album LUCKYNUMBERS. Their title song BAAAM (i just needs to be in capitals LOL. it actually also means snake in korean.) did amazingly on music charts and won multiple awards on music programs but i like this song featuring Zion.T a lot more! The intro of the song immediately pulled me in and  Choiza and Gaeko are amazing rappers, i love their style. cant forget to mention one of my favs, Zion.T!
Once i heard this song, i just had to share it with someone so i rushed into my younger bro's room and asked him to listen to it. Too bad he doesnt really appreciate it.... the only thing disturbing about this song is that i keep hearing 쌔끈해 (= Three Dopeboyz) as "Second Hell" XDDD



The second song is a totally opposite genre, from one of my favourite girl groups, A Pink~ It's the first song on their Secret Garden album called U You. I know, weird name. but i love this song so much because it's such a sweet and cute song that instantly puts you in a good mood. When I first listened to their album, i was kinda disappointed they didnt choose this song as their title song. To me, this song defines A Pink's colour better. I wasnt a big fan of their title song No No No at first but after a few listens, i got addicted to it. Anyways, this song is totally up my aisle and i hope A Pink will choose this song as their follow-up song for promotions if they decide to have one. All the girls' singing skills improved this time around so i am oh so glad to see Naeun having more lines~




The next song is a song that Yoseob recommended via his Instagram -- No Reply's 널 지울 수는 없는지(Can't Erase You). it's a sad, slow song but somehow very calming. the lyrics to it is quite simple, basically about a person going through a breakup. in case you want the translations of the lyrics >> lyrics. If you dont know already, i'm a big fan of k-indie, so you may see a lot of this genre of songs on my blog. K-indie is just very sweet and relaxing, most of the background music consists of just the acoustic guitar and piano which is what i love.


The last song for this post is from Beast's latest album called How To Love. I cant really choose a favourite song from this album because the three title songs are amazing. Beast sings such good ballads all the time and How To Love just adds to that long list of amazing ballads they've sung. Their voices harmonize so beautifully together, no matter what genre of song they're singing, even on that Pokemon song that Junhyung posted on Instagram LOL. A good intro is very important for every song and this song starts with Yoseob's angelic voice, followed by Dongwoon's so there's no reason not to love it. plus, Yoseob raps a bit in the song! kekeke 




No comments:

Post a Comment