Saturday, September 7, 2013

Another few more days to go....

This blog post should've been up on Monday... it's alr Sunday... sigh the power of procrastination...
I'll try to keep this short. The main point of this post is to announce that I'll be leaving for England on the 11th of September (Wednesday). I'm taking the night flight from Changi Airport, will stop by Doha for an interchange (I'm taking Qatar Airways), then I'll reach Heathrow Airport on Thursday morning (UK time). 

I received my passport in the mail this Monday with my student visa in it then my uncle helped me book my flight on that day. We could've bought it earlier while the fares were lower but my uncle insisted we wait till I get my student visa. Just to make sure nothing goes wrong. We checked out a lot of other airlines and Qatar Airways were offering the lowest fares... My uncle was worried at first and insisted i take a non-stop flight to Heathrow but those flights are just way too expensive. Tbh, I dont mind taking a longer flight and i'm not really scared of travelling there alone. I'm more scared of when i reach UK and finally needing to get back to reality and start uni and meet ppl, that's what i'm scared of. My aunt will be there at the airport to pick me up and I'll be staying with her...... for the next three years.... X_____X  Her place is actually quite far away from Queen Mary so i'll be having a of travelling to do each day to and forth uni. So i secretly hope when i get more familiar with London, maybe in my second or third year, i can move out, rent a room or something but that would cost a bomb so.... sigh.... I secretly hope it's possible though. 

In case some of you dont know, I'm taking up a Business Management course in Queen Mary University of London. City University (Cass Business School) was actually my firm choice when I applied through UCAS, but unfortunately.... I didnt manage to mmet their requirements, which was AAA. I got ABB... which i could sense, both my uncle and my mum were a bit disappointed about when i told them about it although they didnt really say it out loud, it was written all over their faces. My uncle a lot more than my mum. I personally really wanted to get into Cass too but i know my own abilities and i expected my results to be as how it turned out to be. So.... tbh, i was a bit sad myself but meh, Queen Mary is really good too and I can never be grateful enough to have such a huge opportunity to study in London. Cass did offer me a few Banking and Finance courses when i didnt meet my selected course's requirement but..... although i really really wanted to study at Cass, i didnt want to make a decision i would regret so i chose to decline their offer. Sometimes i wonder whether i'll regret this decision in the future... let's hope i wont.

My orientation starts on the 16th of Sept. I need to go for enrolment on the 14th and classes start on the 23rd. I'm really scared and worried of what i'm about to face but the thought of finally being able to learn new things excites me. I've almost gotten everything ready for now... I havent packed yet though. I also didnt buy much stuff coz my aunt adviced me not to. She said it'll be cheaper to buy winter clothing there. I dont dare to start packing though.... I hate packing... it means that all of this is really really happening.... and that i only have a few more days left here in my cozy home with my family. Nigel came back from Subang so that he will be able to send me off.... Mummy even ordered a mille crepe cake to celebrate my birthday in advance. We'll be eating that tmr i think. Thinking about all of this is.... kind of depressing in a way. I'm not ready to leave yet. I've tried to finish doing all the things i've been wanting to do this break.... but i failed to play the piano... I did play a bit but not enough to satisfy my needs of it. I love playing the piano, it's relaxing and comforting. I also failed to clean my room thoroughly, though i did throw out a lot of stuff. 

What else is there to say.....? I guess that's all for now. I may make one more entry before i leave.... if not, then i'll see you from the other side of the world! : )





P/S: Did i mention that Yang Yoseob is the cutest guy in the world???? I decided to make him my bias for the day. heeheehee (my fangirl-self just couldn't restraint herself XD)

1 comment: