Sunday, June 15, 2014

Looking back Part 2

I just came back from my Italian holiday 3 days ago but before I blog about that, I want to finish uploading my other photos that I took before the trip~ Some of these are taken months ago but here they are! The blog posts for my trip will probably take a while because there's just so many photos since I went for 8 days! I still havent decided how to split the blog posts up but they'll be up soon. And I also need to wait for Joon Tian to send me a few photos as well. In the mean time... here's some older photos!


This was in early April when I went to Canary Wharf's shopping centre to pass out CVs with Nia~


I told myself that if I get a job, I'd post this selfie I took on that day on Instagram but until this day.... I still havent got a job. Sigh... but what more can I do than not give up?

This was taken on my second last day working at Paperchase... I miss working there now.

My aunt's friend, Auntie Veronica brought me out for lunch one day and we went to Wagamama~ My fried rice wasnt the yummiest, shouldve ordered ramen instead.

Living alone means being able to cook and eat whatever I want~ So I tried cooking a pasta carbonara for the first time when I first moved out and it turned out really yummy! Will need to cook it again soon~

Ahhh the beginning to Spring~ Now it's already summer and the weather is starting to get so warm in London these days

I spent most of my spring break in the library....
With Sue~ :)

On my last day at Paperchase, my colleagues gave me a goodie bag filled with some stuff from Paperchase~ I love these fluffy pens and I've been wanting to get one for myself ever since they came out for Valentine's Day so I was so happy to find one in the goodie bag~

How cute is this?!

These are actually erasers! Kids love to get them in Paperchase but they are a pain to enter them onto the till because they have no barcodes. I dont know what to do with these though so they're just sitting cutely on my window sill.

I finally visited the Tower of London with my friend Joon Tian when she made a trip to London for some sight-seeing~ It was such a nice day in London that day!


All the different towers and castles were so pretty


There were a few museums inside the castles as well. Thankfully is wasnt too busy when we were there.



I still rmb the first time I visited the Tower of London when I was 9 years old and my uncle brought along Jaffa Cakes for me to snack on and this time when I went again, I brought Jaffa Cakes along as well!

When you're there, you can totally imagine horse carriages running on these roads, through these arches. I wish we had more time there but because we went a bit late (at 2pm) so we only had around three and a half hours to walk around.

A photo with the Tower Bridge is always a must! It's just such an iconic thing for London.


A creepy Japanese girl asked us whether we wanted her to take a photo for us there. And I just sensed something fishy about it. Normally, people would just ask whether we can help them take a photo, not the other way around. So, any of you coming to London, be extra careful and alert about these creepy people.
My friend and I actually got into some trouble near the Big Ben and got scammed by some creepy street clowns. I am still very pissed about the whole thing, I only lost £2 to them but my friend was so scared of them so she lost more. So just be careful and be brave to be rude to these scammers!

Some pretty street art~

We walked a bit along the South Bank despite the cold wind blowing in our faces.

There are some really nice restaurants there, it'll be so nice to have a meal there~

The next day we went to see Wicked at the Victoria Theater~


We had a nice dinner of fish and chips at a small shop near the theater with a slice of cheesecake as dessert and it was a really nice cheap and delicious dinner!




I really enjoyed Wicked! I wish i had more money to be able to go see more musicals and ballets... and someone to go with :( 

The next day, Joon Tian planned to meet with a few of her high school friends and she invited me along for lunch~ We had Italian food and it was delicious, but we had to wait almost half and hour for a table because it was a restaurant near Oxford Street at lunch time.
I ordered something that was like a pizza but served as like a huge curry puff hahaha but it was really yummy!

A card I found at Sainsbury's. Someone needs to get this for me or I'll just have to get it for myself.
Chocolate makes everything better okay

Before Joon Tian left to go back to Manchester~ I really enjoyed having her over in London for a few days and I dont think I mentioned it but I have two mattresses in my room so I asked her to come stay with me while she's over here so that she didnt need to spend any money on hotels. 

This was on Easter Sunday! I went for mass at Westminster Cathedral and it was really nice experience. I was lucky to even find a seat in the church that day!

I would have to go back one day when it isnt this crowded because I couldnt really get a good view of the whole church since it was so packed on Easter.
The choir was amazing on that day and the organ was played so creepily. It was like I was in the Phantom of the Opera when they played the organ.




After mass, I headed back to my room to rest a bit and then headed out again to my friend Rachael's Easter party! It was so nice of her to invite me. She had loads of relatives at the party (she's a Eurasian as well) and she invited a few friends whom I was not close with so it was kinda awkward but still fun coz they forced everyone to play games and dance on the dance floor they specially prepared.
The best thing about the party was the food though! I miss Malaysian (especially Eurasian specialties) so so much~


She's just such a sweet friend~

And my Easter bunny!

which I enjoyed deliciously~

After all those fun, back to the days in the library! 

We had an advanced celebration for my friend Sue's birthday because her birthday fell a few days before our exams. And Nia baked all of us apple cupcakes!

This is how we usually spent our days in the library hahaha jk we always had food but we didnt have that much fun all the time.
Sue and Nia with the huge present Nia gave her!


More to come soon~
The internet at my place has been annoying so it's taking forever to upload photos. I've just been spending most of my time watching HIMYM and editing my photos at the same time. And applying for jobs....
I do do other interesting stuff though LOL I'm not just wasting my summer away...
Anywho... more photos to be shared soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment