Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Looking back to a few months ago...

In January (I can't believe this was in January! Time really flies), when my sem B just started, my friend Annie and I went for a bit of sight-seeing around London's tourist spots. This is the Tower of London. We didnt go in to visit though.
And beside it is Tower Bridge!

The majestic Tower Bridge, the view from there is just beautiful~


We then walked down a random alley... and got lost for a bit LOL

London Eye 

The next day we went to the the British Museum, which was so big that we were so tired and hungry after walking around for 3 hours. I dont think we even managed to see everything.

I rmb seeing this exact skeleton 10 years ago when I visited London for the first time and I took the exact same photo. I rmb I asked my uncle to let me use his camera back then. 




We were very hungry by the time we left the museum and we still had to decide where to go for lunch! We ended up in a random restaurant in Chinatown. It was nice to have yummy Chinese food after a long time~

Poor Nia... Her food was the last to come and they gave her the wrong dish LOL

A very expensive cup of bubble tea. Probably would never buy one in London again but at that moment, I just couldnt help it. the aroma of it was just so irresistible.

This was another day in January where I had to go to Paperchase on a weekday night for a training session. I didnt have dinner as I came back straight from uni to Watford town center so I dropped by Nero for a red velvet cake (it was so yummy!) and a cup of Mocha~ 

creeping around in the library when I shouldve been studying LOL
That guy behind me was watching Friends and he was trying so hard not to laugh out loud. It was annoying. 

fresh face selfie~
Nia's homemade kimbap~ we are actually not allowed to eat on the second floor of the library haha I got caught once trying to sneak a hard boil egg in my mouth.

The only (blurry) photo that I had of the CNY potluck dinner party that the Malaysian Society held. 
I baked a Lemon Drizzle Loaf which received a few compliments~ Thinking of it makes me hungry.

A rare event where I reached for a lecture 20 minutes early for a 9am lecture.
ahh... thinking back to those days I had to travel almost one and a half hours to get to uni.... life is so much better now :)

my ugly rainboots on rainy day in Watford. I left them behind in my aunt's place... 

I cant rmb when this was but it was after CNY and my aunt's friend was having a small dinner party at their place so they invited us over and we went there at noon to help prepare the food~
those above are lemon tarts~

The amount of vege....

The two busy women in the kitchen. 

They had to label the dishes so that their English guests knew what they were eating LOL


Ah the day of the big London Tube Strike!
I had to take the bus from Euston Station to uni and it took me more than 2 hours.

All the unlucky tourists at King's Cross Station that chose to visit London on a wrong day

Went to Nando's for lunch on a rainy and windy day... Typical English weather. 


Phuong refusing to take a photo because she had no make up on. hahaha

The day I went for the Catlin Women in Business Workshop.

Another rare event where Nia and I both reached uni early to an empty lecture hall



The signs of Spring in March~

My aunt's friend Veronica is always so so kind. She stayed over at my aunt's place one night and she brought me these! There are probably all my favourite snacks! I can live on Jaffa Cakes and chocolate digestive biscuits LOL

This was the day I went to view the room I'm currently staying in. It was definitely one of the first hottest days of 2014. I was sweating after walking under the sun for more than half an hour because I couldnt find the flat LOL so I saw an ice cream van couldnt resist. I sneaked this into the second floor of the library LOL

This was so accurate at that time. 

Picked up a Mother's Day card from Paperchase. They had so many pretty cards to choose from but I chose this in the end. :)


scarily accurate....

It was a nice book but I'm not as crazy over it as some people are. I was expecting it to be better.

The time when I finished 3 essays and decided to help a fansite of Dongwoon's to translate a video. It was so time consuming that I would never agree to help translate again.

The day I started moving some of my stuff over to my new room! 

This was the day I officially moved out of my aunt's flat. It was such a tiring day because my luggages were so so heavy. My aunt helped me moved but she ended up nagging all the way from when we reached Stepney Green station to my room. 
Anyway, after I moved everything into my room, I went over to Sue's place for lunch! It was suppose to be lunch but we ended up only eating at 3pm.

While Nia and Sue were busy cooking up a feast, Phuong and I went over to Sainsbury's to get some nachos, beers and wine!

group selfie!

Nia even made dessert~

The next day, I went to Westfield to hand out CVs with my friend Thanu~

Look at how beautiful these nougats are~~~

I got persuaded by a sales girl to buy my first straightener. It was on sale! It was initially 160 pounds but I only had to pay 70!


That day, I also made my first trip to the supermarket alone! Well, I always go to the supermarket alone when I used to live with my aunt but only to pick up a few items. This time it was for real, I was buying all the food for myself! And no, I didnt buy two cartons of milk, I put one back because I took the wrong one. LOL
One night where I was had to travel back from Watford because I was still working at Paperchase and had some stuff that I left behind at my aunt's that I had to pick up.


My straighteners! I wanted a plain pink one but my friend and the sales girl kept asking me to choose this one. It's still pink so I still like it.

These are so so yummy. Perfect snack while watching a movie alone hehehe

We studied out in the sun one afternoon but ended up being very unproductive LOL

I miss working at Paperchase..... I hope I get a nice job soon....



Is till have lots of photos I want to upload but that'll have to wait till I come back from my trip to Italy.
It's 12.30am now and I need to wake up at 3.30am to get ready to go to the airport. Just thinking about it makes me tired so I should probably sleep now. 
I hope everything will go well for this trip *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment