Friday, August 22, 2014

Food-filled Weekend!

I was in serious need of a fun time... so on Thursday afternoon, I was chatting with Nia and I suggested that we go visit Tate Modern the next day! I have wanted to go there for quite a long time but just never felt like going alone and couldn't find someone interested in going, so this was a good opportunity to go out and have some fun!
The museum wasn't that much fun but we made other plans and it ended up being a nice day with the girls~

My hair is getting really long and I feel like cutting it but it's so expensive for a haircut here :(
and I actually wanted to go out with just this strappy top but it was so cold and windy... I'm waiting for the warm weather to come back but it probably won't be back till next May.... But i'm loving the current weather though, it's just that I can't wear shorts (without tights) anymore.

Nia and I take the bus from the same road but from different stops so we always do this hop-on thing where we try not to get on to a different bus from each other LOL 
Nia's been away to the Netherlands for her sister's wedding so it was so nice seeing her again after a few weeks~

We walked by St. Paul's on our way to Tate Modern. I probably need to find a day to actually go into the cathedral. The last time I was there was 10 years ago.

The Millennium Bridge ahead!

The Shard.

All the bridges along the river thames.

The photos with the date on the them are taken by Nia~


People have started hanging their locks on the bridge!


Here we are! At Tate Modern~


We only went to the 4 free Tate collections. My friend Veronica can get free passes to go see the other exhibitions so we might go together one day.





Creepy cocoons 

weirdly, I like this painting. It's called Moonlight. Should've taken a better photo of it.

There was a deck/balcony area on the second floor where you could see the scenery~






A crystalised engine






I liked this very much as well. You can just 'feel' the emotions it's trying to convey.

"In depression, the motion of the possible is reversed and replaced by the impossible." 
So painfully true. Sometimes, it's just so hard to... not lose hope. When you go through that, you really just need to not care about anything or anyone in the world and do something you enjoy and you might find that light of hope again.


More beautiful scenery from the 6th floor of the museum!

After we wrapped it up at Tate, we walked to Borough Market! It's such a beautiful place.
I've been here once last year but didn't really get to fully explore it.



Look at all those glorious sandwiches!




Since there was such a huge variety of food there, we planned to buy lunch there and all we wanted was the burgers there but we alr made plans to make burgers for dinner together. And nothing else at the market really caught our appetite. We only bought some egg tarts and left.


So we walked around the shops near the market and Nia ended up having a Subway sandwich. We then found a place to sit and I found a Spanish food stall selling a chorizo sandwich so I had that for lunch.



After leaving Borough Market, we called Phuong to see whether she was home and decided to go over to her place for dinner! So we headed to nearest Waitrose to buy some ingredients for our burger~ On the way there, while crossing London Bridge, we had to stop for a selfie. LOL 

You can see a glimpse of Nia's pink hair~ which I think looks so natural.




We had to stop by 3 stores to get ingredients before hopping on to the tube to get back to Whitechapel, only to go to the big Sainsbury's there to get a few more stuff. 
The lighting underground is never good.

Me, looking like a rabbit with my knee poking out LOL Nia kept making fun of my ripped jeans kekeke

When the three of us are gathered together, there's most probably food and (a bit) of alcohol.

Little Kozzi wanted to join in the fun as well! He's grown so much since the last time I met him~

Such a cute kitty :3

When there's a camera with a flip screen, there's always a selfie. 
My makeup looks like a different colour in every photo I take.

The burgers we made that night!!! There were so so yummy~~~ Double cheese as well!


The fries were a bit of a fail though. We decided to cook them in the oven but it took a really long time. So after like an hour of cooking it, we decided to turn up the heat... and so of them got tooooo crispy. LOL

A group selfie without leaving out Kozzi~


This is not all though. After dinner, we had some tiramisu! Then Nia and I left to go over to my place to get some stuff and headed to her place for a sleep over~ I ended up staying over on Saturday night as well and only went back to my place on Sunday night. 
Photos from the rest of my weekend will be in the next post!
It's almost 3.30am and I'm not tired at all.... I was tired at 2am but I decided to start blogging and.... yeah.
So I should go now.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment