Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bowling, Ice-skating & Sushi!

Today, my worst nightmare happened. I woke up late for work. Very late. I was supposed to be at work at noon but I woke up at 12:56pm. I couldn't believe it when I saw the time on my phone. I clearly remember setting two alarms before I went to sleep last night. I don't know what happened. Sigh. I was so scared when I woke up; I thought, what should I do now? Should I call in and say I'll be (very) late or say I'm sick? Or just not call at all?
I had cold sweat all over me, I had a bad headache (maybe due to all that sleep), and I had that bzzzz sound in my ears, I couldn't even see properly (can't really put into words); my legs were weak and I thought I was going to cry. I know, sounds very dramatic but I don't know what came down on me.
After I calmed down a bit, I decided to call in to say I'm sick and luckily my voice was a bit coarse, so I was hoping I'll sound a bit sick. lol
But now I'm so pissed at myself.... I actually had a training I had to go to for Team Up today but I couldn't go because of work and now I'm not present for either of them. :(
Last night before I went to sleep I was just thinking about how ever since my exams ended, I have never spent a whole day indoors; I always had to go out to do something. But I guess today's the day that breaks that cycle. So I've decided to spend today finishing up all these unfinished blog posts and schedule them to be published soon.

Let's get on with the post shall we?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The title of this post summarises my fun day out with Nia, Kelly and Diva on the 29th of March.
Just to give you a bit of context, Kelly and Diva got to know Nia through their volunteering activities last year and last summer at Nia's birthday lunch was the first time I met these girls~ 
Nia promised me that we'll go bowling together so we decided to all go and since Diva and Kelly haven't been ice-skating before, we decided to go for it as well (both activities available at Queens Ice and Bowl)! After that, of course, we had to have some good food. Diva have never gone for unlimited sushi before so that's where we decided to have for dinner~

I'm not this fair lol. The sunlight washed out the colour of my skin and I think I set the ISO too high on the cam 
Kelly was so nice to bake us some mini macaroons. They were lavender-flavoured with a dark chocolate filling. I was quite skeptical about how it would taste because of the lavender but it was surprisingly very yummy. The two flavours really complemented each other.
The macaroons were a bit smashed when they got to us though lol. They are very fragile things.

Bowling was our first activity for the day. And apparently, we weren't supposed to take photos there. The manager came over and told us not to take photos and we thought he was joking.
So we only took a few photos when we were bowling.

There's Kelly.

And here's Diva. kekeke

and here's me! >__< I'm always happy to go bowling~


Story behind this photo: Nia sneakily bowled a ball for me without me noticing lol. And I was like, "why did you do that for?" 

We then rented our skates and went ice-skating~ Nia told me while we were putting on our skates not to fall on my knees and I was confused and asked why. Before she could reply, I looked at my knees and knew why: I was wearing my ripped jeans, that's why. lol

kekekekeke

fresh ice!

 stupidly dancing on the ice lol
 And I was just waiting for something bad to happen
 which luckily didnt happen.... yet.

 Nextly, Nia waiting for something bad to happen.
She managed to do a split on ice and pulled me down with her.

 I fell on my butt. Luckily not on my knees. lol


 Love this cutie so much.

 Having another weird/embarrassing dance party.

 Diva had the best moves kekeke


 Kelly was so terrified to skate at first. She tried very hard and gave up half-way through it but we encouraged her to keep trying and in the end, she did it!



it's now time for the glorious food! those crispy salmon skin rolls are the best.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment