Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Kind Of Day I Live For

Today is one of those days I live for. 

I normally work on Thursdays but this week my manager asked me to work on Tuesday instead. And maybe because I have always needed to work for all the past Thursdays for the past 7 months, having a Thursday off seems special. Therefore, I felt like I had to do something special or just go out and have fun; basically just make it a memorable one.

The day didn't get off from a great start though. I didn't really have a good night's sleep because I was trying to upload some photos to my blog but it was just taking ages so I lied on my bed and finished reading The Bridget Jones' Diary. Then, I fell asleep, with the laptop still on. And this always happens to me; where I fall asleep before I get the chance to turn my laptop off but my brain just knows that I need to turn it off so I automatically wake up after 2 or 3 hours to turn off the laptop, thus, it interferes my sleep.

In short, I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning which is something I hate. I hate getting up past 11am or maybe 10am even but I physically find it hard to get up sometimes. Anyway, my flatmates were noisy in the morning, as usual, which annoys me as well, thus, another reason why I like to get up before they start making noises.

I woke up feeling really hungry so quickly downed a glass of water and then grabbed a bowl of my current favourite cereal, bran (those stick-like ones), with chocolate oat milk. Then started getting ready to head out. Before that, I also managed to do the laundry and hung them up.

So the plans for today was mainly to pay a visit to my dear friend, Nia, at her new workplace~ She recently got a part-time job at Itsu and I promised I'd go visit her one day. I've been waiting to find a day to surprise and today was the day! Today's weather was glorious as well; nice, warm and sunny! I wore my denim jacket out which I regretted once I was under the sun. Just a few days ago (Tuesday to be exact), I had to wear my winter jacket out! That's typical British weather for you there.

I went to the public library before that to return a book and managed to borrow Stephanie Meyer's The Host; can't wait to start reading it! Then got on to the grummy District line and headed to Mansion House. Got there, walked into the shop, and spotted her behind the till being all smiley and professional kekekeke. She is so good at it. I struggled at my first job at Paperchase because I was so shy at first (I still am sometimes). But Nia didn't see me when I walked in so I just went to choose my food and drink (got a chicken and avocado salad with a red berry Itsu water). Then when I joined the queue, she saw me and luckily got to serve me~ We had a very brief chat over the till while I paid (and giggled non-stop) and I told her I'd wait for her outside. I knew her shift finishes at 2pm so I went at quarter to two kekeke.

After around 20 minutes, Nia met me and we found a nice spot with some benches under some shade and I enjoyed my lunch (Nia wasn't hungry). We also shared a cup of frozen yogurt that she got for free from work while I listened to her rant about what's been going on in her life. I love it when we both have stories about how we meet cute guys while we're at work lol and where we just end up giggling about it. And one exciting news is that I will be moving into Nia's flat soon~~~ She currently shares the flat with two other friends and one of them is moving out soon (within the next few months, but not sure when yet) so she said I can take over the room! I will talk more about it in another post.

Oh and I also bought some doughnuts (they're more like doughballs) from Dum Dum for Nia because I knew she likes them~~ After a while, we left to go to a Tesco's nearby because Nia had to get some groceries. Before that, we stopped by a Pret where we bought a sandwich and Miso soup lol; random but that salad box was really healthy but it did not fill me up.

I really enjoy walking around central London where it's busy and just so many people walking around. Plus, the weather was great today! After getting the groceries, we wanted to take the bus back home, but it was really crowded so we decided to take the Tube instead. On the way back, we discussed some stuff about Team Up and some of Nia's plans as Volunteering Officer and it seems like it's going to be a busy year ahead for the both of us.

Once I got back, I caught up on some Youtube videos and came past this channel - topjaw. I was watching another vlog and these two guys (one of them is a model!) were in it and they said their channel is (or will be, coz they just started) going to be like the video version of Timeout London. The 3 videos they have on their channel now are about the best burgers in London and I was drooling while watching him indulge in those burgers. I have always wanted to try all the burger places they reviewed and after those videos, I feel like I have to go to all of them this summer~

After watching all of that, I started with this post. But I took a break and had dinner (macaroni and cheese yumyum) while watching an episode of Younger. I started watching Younger when it first came out because I knew Hilary Duff was in it but there's so much more to it and I love this series so so much. Each episode is short and sweet (around 25 mins) so it's not draggy in any way and it's just a fun series to watch. It's about a 40-year-old lady trying to restart her career, and life in general, as a 26-year-old in publishing as a personal assistant. Then she starts hanging out with the younger colleagues and become friends with them and then, most excitingly, she dates a younger (very good looking) guy as well! And you know the drill, she needs to keep this huge secret but she feels so uncomfortable having to lie to everyone and her true age shows every once in a while hahaha. So watch it if you want something lighthearted and fun (and if you like Hilary Duff haha).

So today was just a super chill day just hanging with my bestie and relaxing in front of my laptop~ It's always nice to spend days like this once in a while. Now, I'm ending this post so I can start watching Let's Eat 2 (a k-drama that Doojoon is acting in!) and eat some chocolate cheesecake kekekeke. Trust me, you wouldn't want to be watching Let's Eat while you're hungry.



x

No comments:

Post a Comment