Sunday, June 7, 2015

'Experiair' Outing!

Can't believe this was in March! It seems like it happened ages ago.

So for my Advertising module, we had to complete a group project which comprised of a 30-second advert and a 2000-word report. I was lucky enough to be grouped with these 4 other girls (Keziah, Karol, Jamie and Annie)~ The photos below are all from our day-out shooting the advert for a few different scenes around London. But before the filming, we had to have a few meetings to decide on what product/service we're creating an advert for; what's the unique selling point behind it, what media channels are we going to use... and all the other theory and technical stuff to support our idea. It was a bit stressful at first but we managed to work everything out. In the end, we decided to make an advert for an airline and decided to name it 'Experiair'. The whole concept behind it was mainly about encouraging people to get out of their normal routine (therefore targeting working people) and travel to explore and experience the world. However, unfortunately, we didn't clearly communicate that message through the advert and therefore, our lecturer didn't really get the whole idea of the brand. :( But overall, I still think we did really well and I really liked our advert.

My main role was to edit the essay and my perfectionist self gave myself a lot of pressure to make it perfect so I spent quite a lot of time editing it and rewriting it but luckily the hard work paid off because we got a good mark for the report.

Let's get on with the photos shall we~

First thing in the morning, we met at Mile End station and headed to our first location to shoot a scene! Btw, this is Karol.

And here are Annie and Jamie~
We were shooting the first scene on the tube and Annie plays the main character in the advert.

This is a photo of Liverpool Street Station.
Our first location was outside the RBS building near the area. 




Keziah being all professional as the director of the group kekeke. Well, she shared the role with Karol and the filming were mainly done by them. I was the behind-the-scenes photographer for the day! kekeke

There was a scene where Annie and I were walking towards the revolving doors where Annie was supposed to be the new staff on her first day at work and I was the manager lol






Everyone busy checking the footage~

Keziah was so dedicated and even made our own boarding pass!

After that, we headed to our next location which was London City Airport!
We took the DLR there and here you can see the O2 stadium!

Before we could start filming, one of the security people came over and told us we couldn't film there without permission so we had to go over to the information desk and ask to see the manager or the person-in-charge to get permission. Luckily they allowed us to film but they said we had to be quick.





We finished filming there fairly quickly and by the end of it, we were all starving. So we headed back to Mile End to get lunch at Nando's.
After that, we went over to Annie's student accommodation to continue filming a few different scenes but I sadly had to leave for my Team Up tutoring session. 

Overall, it was a great experience filming our own advert for the first time! And it was a joy working with these girls~ I really wish group projects could always be like this. I've recently just submitted my module choices for next year and I'll have one or two group presentations as coursework and I can only hope it goes as well as this Advertising one did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment