Thursday, June 18, 2015

Easter Adventure Day 2: Keukenhof Garden

For the first half of our second day in Amsterdam, we made our way through the morning fog and drizzle to the wonderful Keukenhof Garden!
I decided to split the second day into two posts because I have way too many photos to show you guys~ If I wasn't so stupid and remembered to charge my camera before going out that day, there would have been even more photos.

A bit of background info about the garden if you're not familiar with it: it's a spring garden that grows around 7 billion flowering bulbs of around 800 different varieties of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths. It's only open to the public for a limited time over Spring (I think it's around March to May) so we were very excited that we were going during the period when it's open! This is definitely one of the highlights of our whole trip and I would love to go back any day in the future and definitely take my mum and my uncle with me because I know they would really enjoy it too~

In order to get to the garden, we had to take a shuttle bus and this is what we witnessed on our way there! So amazing~

>___<

Once you walk into the showroom (i guess you can call it that), you just get overwhelmed with flowers and colours. I just didn't know where to start from, where to look because there was beauty everywhere! It was amazing. I've never been to a flower show or a flower garden before so it was truly a whole new experience, Plus, everyone there was just taking photos of everything around them lol. Prepare your eyes are lots and lots of photos of flowers. I can't possibly post all the photos I took, so these are just some of my favourites (psst... there's a lot of pink!).

So pretty. I want these in my room all day everyday.

Is it obvious that this double-layer tulip is my favourite? kekeke I love its name as well - 'Pink Star'

 This is a photo taken by Joon Tian on her DSLR and it is just pure beauty.

 (almost) black tulips. Black is a colour that can't been achieved by nature so they had to cross-breed to get this colour.

These look like mini pink Christmas trees~ 

so excited for all the fake cheese! 

We then walked to another exhibition hall which had a wedding-themed flower display going on~


Pinkness overload! This needs to be my room right now. Can you imagine how excited I was when I saw this bed of pink cushions?!


There was so much more to this huge, beautiful garden than what you see from the photos above. If you go to the Netherlands, it is definitely a must-see place (if you go in Spring). It's such a peaceful place to visit as well, especially for people who live in cities and don't get to experience the beauty of nature much. I truly enjoyed myself there despite the cold lol. It wasn't very cold but because we were outdoors for a long time, the cold just gets to you. I can imagine it being even more beautiful if you go on a nice sunny day~


x

No comments:

Post a Comment